December 30, 2014

The last 2014 Post - Chocolate Vanilla Mousse

Chocolate Vanilla Mousse
Chocolate Vanilla Mousse
This year seems to have flown by! I still can not realise that I have to sleep only this one night until New Year's Eve! 

As a rule, ahead of the upcoming year we sum up everything about the previous one. I think I have accomplished even more resolutions than I had planed. Well, if I was told one year ago, that I would become a food blogger...hah..I really never would  have believed it! However, it was the best decision I have ever made! I have told you not even once what a big step it was. Usually my hobbies do not last long, but blogging  became a part of my life, like breathing or eating (naturally!)). This year was all about cooking and I couldn't be happier!  And I am also so much grateful to all of you for reading ! 


It was the year of contrasts. Sometimes it is not easy to stay positive when a part of my country is convulsed with a war. So, my first New Year's wish will be to have peace in my own country.  

And also I promise to do my best and to make your lives even sweeter).

The last 2014 recipe will be this Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, which I am going to serve tomorrow on the New Year's Eve. It is insanely good! So airy, light and chocolaty. But the main secret is that it is just simple. No fancy ingredients or much time are needed to make the best chocolate dessert. A common fact - genial is simple. 

Chocolate Vanilla Mousse
Chocolate Vanilla Mousse
Chocolate Vanilla Mousse
Chocolate Vanilla Mousse

CHOCOLATE VANILLA MOUSSE
serves 4

ingredients
150 g dark chocolate (70%)
150 ml heavy cream
80 g granulated sugar
1 vanilla bean
4 eggs
pinch of salt

to serve
whipped cream
grated dark chocolate

Chocolate Vanilla Mousse

directions
  1. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, but don't let the water come up to the bowl with chocolate. Also make sure that the chocolate is chopped into small uniform pieces.
  2. While the chocolate is melting, slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the seeds. Add the seeds into heavy cream. Once the chocolate is melted, add heavy cream into chocolate and stir until continuously until it is shiny and smooth. Remove from a double boiler and let cool.
  3. Separate the whites and yolks. Beat the yolks and sugar and the fold in the chocolate mixture (it can be slightly warm, but not hot!)
  4. In a separate clean and dry bowl whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks. Gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
  5. Divide between four serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
  6. Serve with whipped  cream and grated chocolate.
Chocolate Vanilla Mousse

Happy New Year!
-Xo Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment